ap

Skip to content

Breaking News

PUBLISHED:
Getting your player ready...

NEW YORK — After all his threats to leave and others’ speculation on where he might go, Howard Stern is staying put at Sirius XM. The shock jock announced on his show Thursday that he has signed a new five-year contract with the satellite-radio company.

The deal, which runs through the end of 2015, provides that Sirius XM can now transmit Stern’s show to mobile devices. No other terms will be disclosed, the company said.

Stern had been locked for months in stormy negotiations as his original five-year contract with Sirius, worth $500 million, neared expiration days from now. Sirius and rival XM merged in 2008.

Earlier this week on his show, he vowed in typically salty and uncensored fashion that he would not accept a pay cut to stay.

“On my first day in satellite radio, Sirius had approximately 600,000 subscribers. Today, the two companies have 20 million, and, in my view, we have just scratched the surface of how many people will get on board,” Stern, 56, said in a statement. The Associated Press

RevContent Feed

More in Business